Friday, July 27, 2012

Car Math Games: I Am Thinking Of...







Early Childhood Math Game: Number Sense


My husband I spend much of our time commuting to work. Here is one of our favorite games to play.  


I Am Thinking Of…..

Simple:  I am thinking of something that has 4 legs and 1 tail that likes to wag.  What am I thinking of? (dog)


Complex:  I am thinking of an animal that has 2 eyes and 4 legs and says “neigh.”  What am I thinking of? (horse)


I am thinking of something that has 2 wings and 1 beak.  What am I thinking of? (bird)


I am thinking of an object that has 4 legs that do not move.  You might find a bowl and spoon on top of this object. What am I thinking of? (table)

Andy Rash's "Are You A Horse" is a silly favorite at our house.
http://andyrash.blogspot.com/2008/09/are-you-horse-endpages.html  The very naive cowboy is in search of a horse.  On his journey he meets some desert animals. Each animal tries to help the cowboy along the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Northwest Beauty

Northwest Beauty